Are you confused by constantly changing advice about what you should or shouldn’t eat? If you want clear answers tailored to your individual needs, Health Box Clinic provides holistic nutritional counseling in Chicago.
Benefits of Nutritional Counseling
Nutritional counseling considers your needs and health goals, including any chronic diseases and if you are at risk of developing certain illnesses. This includes nutritional factors that prevent disease or reduce its severity, alongside deficiencies that a disease or its treatments may cause. It also involves cooperation between medical management and nutritional care, as both forms of treatment are necessary.
Health problems that nutritional counseling may address include:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol and triglycerides
- Cardiovascular issues
- Type II diabetes
- Metabolic syndrome
- Mental health issues, such as anxiety and depression
- Digestive conditions
- Inflammatory conditions, including autoimmune disease
- Poor immunity leading to frequent colds and influenza
- Hormone imbalances, including the relief of menopausal symptoms
- Infertility and subfertility
- Fatigue, including chronic fatigue syndrome and difficulty recovering from exercise
Nutrition Counseling Steps
When you choose medical nutrition therapy, there are specific steps you will follow to receive the right advice and nutrition complex for you:
- First, make an appointment at Health Box Clinic during a time that fits into your schedule
- Visit us at your appointment time, with any important test results you would like to bring
- Describe your symptoms and goals
- Receive diagnostic tests as needed
- Have counseling on your personal nutritional needs, including the best foods to eat and which ones to avoid. All information you receive is based on the best, most current evidence.
- Start your new nutritional plan, including healthy recipes and meal planning
- Return for follow-up consultations when they are scheduled. During follow-up appointments, we discuss how well your new nutritional plan is working for you, including improvements to your health, and any changes that may need to be made.
Nutrition Counselling at Health Box Clinic
At Health Box Clinic, you can be assured of receiving high-quality nutritional medicine support near you. Dr. Lev Kipnis, D.N. PHD has over 25 years of experience in working with a range of health conditions and a PhD in holistic nutrition.
To book an appointment, click here to access the contact form, telephone number, and email address. You can fill out a form directly, or you can schedule an appointment by giving us a call at 847-724-1777.